Ham Radio Coming and Ongoing Events 2018
Bouvet Island DXpedition
If you are a DX enthusiast, here is your chance to work one of the #2 Most Wanted DX entities in the world!
The International Team will be active from Bouvet Island, IOTA AN - 002, in 2018 as 3Y0Z.
Planned dates 20 January - 28 February 2018 (will be determined by vessel schedule).
They will operate on 160 - 10m and also 6 and 2m EME.
Click the Logo to visit their official website.
ARRL International Grid Chase - 2018
Get in the chase!
The objective of the ARRL International Grid Chase is simple: Work stations in as many grid squares as possible and upload your log data to ARRL's Logbook of The World. If you are not currently registered with Logbook of The World, this is a good reason to get started. Go to https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/getting-started/. Registration and uploading are free.Every new grid square contact confirmed through Logbook of The World counts toward your monthly total, so you have an incentive to start the chase as soon as you ring in the New Year.
Check out the ARRL Page by clicking on the logo to the left.
NASA on the Air
Starting on Monday, December 11, 2017 (UTC), Amateur Radio club stations at various NASA centers and facilities will be on the air with special event operations to celebrate these monumental achievements, as well as current milestones. Some clubs will offer commemorative QSL cards, and a special certificate will be available indicating the number of NASA club stations worked on various bands and modes.
- NASA Centers Participating:
- Ames Research Center (ARC) NA6MF — California
- Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) NA6SA — California
- Glenn Research Center (GRC) NA8SA — Ohio
- Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) WA3NAN — Maryland
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) W6VIO — California
- Kennedy Space Center (KSC) N1KSC — Florida
- Langley Research Center (LARC) KG4NJA — Virginia
- Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) NN4SA — Alabama
- Stennis Space Center (SSC) TBD — Mississippi
- Wallops Flight Facility (WWF) W4WFF — Virginia
- White Sands Complex (WSC) N5BL — New Mexico